Monday, October 6, 2008

Pictures

Here are some pictures of what we've been up to lately:


Our apple tree - so loaded with hundreds of apples that several branches broke!



Our system for applesauce: First, peel and core the apples


Then boil them with a little bit of sugar and cinnamon until they're soft



Next, blend them to make a smooth applesauce, or just can them the
way they are for a more chunky applesauce





Here's Ethan and Lydia taking the seeds out of our squash for supper


Our pumpkins and gourds

A sign I made with some help from Daniel and Lydia

Our two German Shepherds - the one on the left is my dog, Mercy.
The other one is Roxie, her mother. I edited this photo with Picasa.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just had to comment about that sign. Quite eye catching. :-) You have me beat, I haven't made a sign for Baldwin yet. I guess I don't have much time left, do I?

Looks like good tasting applesauce!

Jonathan

Anonymous said...

Hi Hannah! I can't believe this is you!?! I started out searching for vegetable storage and ended up on a blog "ND Homesteader" (or something like that) and then was linked to this site, it took me a minute to realize it was you! Small world! Anyway, since I stumbled onto your site, I just wanted to drop a note to say "hi", and thank your family again for allowing us to borrow the videos - we really enjoyed Facing the Giants and look forward to watching the new ones. You are a very talented young lady with a wonderful family, I have really enjoyed getting to know you - Take Care! Mandy (Weber)