Friday, November 14, 2008

Our Trip to the Bartletts

On Tuesday morning we left bright and early to visit our friends the Bartletts who live about 5 hours away (by the way, I'm a detailed person, so this is going to be a detailed story!). :-) We arrived at the place where we were staying around 12:30 and ate some scrumptious chili brought over by Mrs. Bartlett. We were staying there at Metigoshe for two nights in the bunks upstairs. Not all that comfortable, but perfect for falling into late at night when you're really tired! :-)

That afternoon we went over to the Bartlett's farm and took a tour of their new barn, Andrew's workshop, and all their animals, including a horse, a milk cow, lots of goats, four pigs, and innumerable chickens and cats! Oh, and I can't forget to mention Samson, their handsome German Shepherd (he's my dog's brother). After the tour we made a hilarious movie that I'll have to post sometime. That evening we had a good time eating chimi changas (very good, Mrs. Bartlett!), playing music together, and watching a funny movie.

After breakfast the next morning we drove the few miles to the Bartlett's place and had a great snowball fight!! That sure was fun. The rest of the afternoon was spent debating, eating venison sloppy joe's, and then around 4pm we went back to Metigoshe. The Bartletts were doing a concert that night, so we had a nice church dinner with them and then sat down and watched them play. They did a really good job!! I wanted to post a couple movies of them tonight, but it's not working so I'll have to do it another time. Anyway, that night we went to the "living room" area at Metigoshe and looked at some pictures and watched some more movies. We stayed up until around 10:30 each night.

The next morning we packed up and then drove over to the Bartlett's place again to spend the morning. I got a banjo lesson from Jonathan and we all played some more music, then before we knew it it was time for lunch, and then time to leave for home. Have you ever eaten fried chicken in the dark in a van stuffed with seven people? It sure was good, I can tell you that! :-)

Thanks for a great time, Bartlett family!!

Here are some pictures from our time there:

Our bunks at Metigoshe



The animals





Playing air hockey at Metigoshe



The Bartlett's concert



The parents talking at the table



Playing music together



You can view Jonathan Bartlett's blog here: http://jonathanjbartlett.blogspot.com/ I'll try to post some videos soon!!

Hannah

1 comment:

Andrew said...

Thanks for the nice review of your time up here, Hannah! We sure enjoyed it.