Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Picture Post

I've been wanting to post some pictures for a while, and now I'm finally getting around to it! On February 5th, we got together with some friends at a local community center and had a great time playing games, talking, eating, fellowshipping and more!

Everyone gathered for a game of dodge ball  . . .
 
 . . . and when they were hit they sat out!
Basketball was lots of fun too . . . . . . .

 . . . . . even for the little ones! :-)

Some of us enjoyed playing "Occupation" upstairs . . . .
 . . . . and the guys did a men's basketball game (with a little more roughness than when us girls joined in, I'm sure!).
The mothers enjoyed visiting and taking turns holding the new baby in the group!
 
The younger kids enjoyed some group games . . .
 
 . . .  and playing with the big beach balls!
 
I REALLY enjoyed the fellowship . . .
 
 . . . and of course the food as well (yes, my mouth is full in this picture)!!
It seems like the kids enjoyed the food too. :-)
We had fun tossing the football around (especially considering the fact that MY FAVORITE TEAM was going to play in the Super Bowl the next day - and THEY WON . . . . WAHOOO!!!!!!!!!!).
My favorite game was Do You Love Your Neighbor . . . we even got some of the parents to join in! :-)
Posted by Picasa

It was a great afternoon/evening of fun, food and fellowship and we thank the Lord for such wonderful friends!

P.S. A HUGE THANK YOU goes to Maria and Clara U. (and any other U. sisters that used the camera) for taking all the wonderful pictures I've posted! Thanks girls - they turned out great! :-)

2 comments:

Andrea said...

a) The picture of y'all playing "Occupation" makes me rather depressed... everyone having lots of fun while I do homework in the background. Story of my life. Bah.
b) I love the picture of you and me and could you please email it to me? :)
c) The picture of you throwing the football makes me laugh. The timing of it makes it look kinda like you don't know how to throw - which is completely false, because I've seen you throw a football and you have a good arm! ;)
d) Thank you for putting up with my lack of socialization that day - I still enjoyed being able to see you! Someday when I'm a nurse and no longer a nursing student I will make it up to you - promise!

Hannah said...

Hey Andrea! Thanks for commenting.

a) Awww, sorry you couldn't join in more on that game! Maybe next time.
b) Of course I'll send the pic to you! I'm glad you were able to meet my friend Jennie through that picture! Neat! :-)
c) Ha! Yeah, mom said I looked staged in that one, but as far as I can remember I wasn't. Oh well. :-)
d) No problem - I'm used to putting up with you. Ha - just kidding! I was glad you were able to come, and I hope to see you again soon! :-)