NOTE: The pictures would not come through right, and I tried to upload them again, but that didn't work either, so I will have to post a couple pictures from our weekend in Ellendale another time! I apologize! I'll just leave the words below, even though they may be hard to understand without pictures . . . . hopefully blogger will be working later when I have some time to work on this! :-)
This past weekend our family took an overnight trip to Ellendale, ND, for a Trinity Bible College reunion! My parents met there 26 years ago - Dad went there two years, and mom went there one and received her MRS degree. :-)
This past weekend our family took an overnight trip to Ellendale, ND, for a Trinity Bible College reunion! My parents met there 26 years ago - Dad went there two years, and mom went there one and received her MRS degree. :-)
Of course us kids had no clue who was who, but we enjoyed meeting some of mom and dad's old friends! They knew some really great people. They both enjoyed going to TBC so much! And just think, if the Lord wouldn't have led them each to attend there, I wouldn't be here!!!!! :-)
Mr. Kapelle (below) came with his wife and youngest daughter Kalli (above, with Lydia and Ethan). The two lumps on the left picture is Lydia and Kalli enjoying the warmth under the blanket!! :-)
Dad enjoyed practicing some basketball for an alumni game, and it was great for him to see people he hadn't seen in 15 years!
Mom and Mrs. Kapelle enjoyed just relaxing and visiting. :-)
Here I am, taking the picture below this one . . .
. . . of Ethan and his new friend!!
You'll never guess who was the mascot . . . yep, it was Ethan's new friend! :-) Ethan was so excited to find out who was actually in the lion!! lol :-)
Saturday afternoon, there was a girls' alumni basketball game. Mom was a cheerleader back in the days, but no, she didn't do any cheerleading at this reunion. :-)
Dad probably wouldn't admit it, but he was a STAR basketball player when he attended Trinity (and we still have the trophies to prove it)!!! He really enjoyed playing the alumni men's game! A lot of my pictures turned out blurry, but here are a few of him enjoying the game (and practice beforehand).
Awww . . . aren't they sweet?! They'll be celebrating 25 years of marriage on October 4th this year!Mr. Bob Tatum was dad's basketball and football coach 27 years ago (dad only played two football games as quarterback because he was sacked by a huge guy and broke his arm)! He played a big part in dad's life, and it was great for the two of them to see each other again.
That evening there was a wonderful banquet with a Qudoba buffet, games for the kids, and a nice ceremony. Below is mom and dad with the Kapelles.
In this picture, I told Daniel to lean forward and Ethan to lean backwards . . . and I guess that's what they did! (brothers!!)
Three people (including Mr. Tatum, below with Mrs. Tatum) were inducted into the TBC Hall of Fame. It was a touching evening!
Mr. Tatum with some football players he had coached.
All because two people fell in love at Trinity Bible College . . . . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment