Monday, August 8, 2011

2011 Music Festival!

This past weekend we attended one of the highlights of the year for our family - the Lake Itasca Family Music Festival! This is their 6th annual year, and our our 6th consecutive year of attending! I don't have a lot of time for a long post (I'm keeping busy editing EXCELSIOR for the Aug. 15th early bird deadline) but I wanted to put up a few pictures! I hope to post a few videos in the future (which I failed to do last year - I apologize)!!

They were SO GOOD, and you could tell they desired to honor the Lord through their music! I've already been listening to the CD they signed for me - they are such a sweet family! :-)
 


There was lots of great bands on the side stages as well, including our good friends the Fraser Family (below is pictured the three girls - Abigail, Sara, and Deborah)!


The Hartley Family
Anna Hartley (the oldest girl) and I have been corresponding over the years since we met at this festival 5 years ago, and I am so glad to have her as a friend! Their family is very down-to-earth, and we enjoyed visiting with them, hearing their great music, and listening to Mr. Hartley's Sunday morning message!
 
 
The Wissmann Family did the kid's program again this year, and I enjoyed it immensely!! ;-) They taught everyone Bible verses and songs, and did a skit on the life of Mary Slessor. It was all very well done!
 


The best part of the whole weekend for me, I think, was just visiting with friends! There were SO MANY people I knew there, I really wish I would have gotten pictures of all of them! I'm already looking forward to next year! :-)

Amy Vest (pictured above holding a friend's adorable little baby)!

Sarah, me, Rachel and Tracy!
 
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Amy W. said...

It was fun to read this post and see the pictures, Hannah! I especially like the one of Amy V. holding baby Daniel,and also the one of you and Amy V.! :) I am so glad it worked out for us to go this year. We definitely would like to go again next year! It was so good to see you and all of our other friends too! There is nothing quite like sitting outside with friends late into the evening listening to live bluegrass music. :)

Blessings!
~Amy

Hannah said...

I agree, Amy! :-) This festival is always such a blast - I'm glad you could come this year! I wish I would have had more of a chance to visit with you and your sisters! The music and fellowship were so wonderful, and I wish something like this happened more than once a year - the time went by so fast! Hope to see you all again soon! :-)

Unknown said...

Sure looks like a lot of fun! And good music too! Wish I could have come... Looking forward to seeing your videos of the performances!
I know a couple of faces there in the last picture... :-) Hi S. family!
Andrew B.

Gwendolyn said...

I had SO much fun there this year!
It was great to see you and a lot of other friends again.
And the Wissmanns were probably my favorite. They're SO hilarious. :)
I sure hope we can see you again soon!

Gwynne

Hannah said...

Thanks for commenting, Andrew and Gwynne!

Gwynne, yes, I was SO GLAD to see you and Hayley there! I agree - the Wissmann's were so funny, and their kid's program was amazing! :-) I hope to see you again soon too! :-)

Ana F. said...

What fun to look through these pictures! That was a wonderful event!

I *love* the picture of you and Amy V.!! I can see the joy of the Lord in your faces! <3

It was so good to visit with you at Hannah's wedding! I hope we can see you sometime soon!

Blessings,
Ana

Hannah said...

Thank you Ana! I love that picture too. :-) I'm glad you had a great time at the music festival, and I hope you and your family can come again next year!

It was wonderful to see you and your sisters at the wedding, and I hope we have a chance to visit more sometime!

God bless!

Sarah Lee said...

Happy happy 21st birthday Hannah! I pray you have a special year ahead growing ever closer to Jesus!

It looks like you had a wonderful trip and much fellowship. What a joy to see many smiling faces.

Love in Jesus,
Sarah
1 Peter 5:10

Hannah said...

Sarah, thank you so much for your encouragment! I really appreciate it! :-)

Yes, we did have wonderful time at the music festival. There are always so many great friends there! :-)

Blessings,
Hannah