Tuesday, February 5, 2013

In His Steps Fundraiser

Some people I know are working on pre-production for their feature film based on the best-selling novel In His Steps. Read below to find out more, and to watch part of the movie for FREE online!

"What Is In His Steps?

In His Steps is an independent faith-based feature film, based on the classic novel by Charles Sheldon.  It tells the story of a pastor, a singer, an heiress, and a businessman whose lives are forever and radically changed when they make a pledge to follow "What would Jesus do."
The first half of our modern day adaptation has been completed as a 12-episode web series, which you can watch by clicking here.
When we started developing the rest of the story, after much prayer and consideration we decided to discontinue the web series production, and instead finish the story as a feature length film.  Filming the second half of the story will take place May 20 - June 8 in Montrose, Grand Junction and Norwood, Colorado."

To find out more about Standing Sun Productions, and to read what they need, please visit this link. There's an introductory video to watch (below), and also many awesome gifts you'll get if you choose to donate, so check it out! :-) I think it's super important to be supporting Christian films, whether through prayer (I can't stress how IMPORTANT that is!), donations, or other means, so please consider what you can do to help In His Steps become a reality!

4 comments:

Amy W. said...

We know some of the people working on this film too! :)

~Amy

Hannah said...

That's really neat Amy! What a small world. ;-)

Delmar said...

Wow - this sure caught my attention! For a year or so I've often thought of this story and sometimes thought that it would be a good story to make a movie of.
Just last week I thought of it again - that "someday I should make a movie of "In His Steps".
I've read the book and have been greatly challenged by it! Hopefully the movie will be too!
Thanks for sharing! I'm going to take the time sometime, somewhere to watch the 12 episodes already there, I still haven't seen them!

Blessings!

Hannah said...

Thanks for the comment Delmar! I agree the book is very challenging, and now even more people can hear the message by watching the movie. The neat thing is, they've taken the In His Steps story and put it in a modern setting, so it's not only easier to make but also easier for people to relate to today. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product! :-)