Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Update on Life

Wow, it's sure been a while since I've blogged, and a LOT has happened since then! Three birthdays, the annual ND homeschool convention, 5 of us getting hit with influenza, plus all the regular stuff like piano teaching, projects, homeschooling, housework and everything else!

But the biggest thing that happened was the day we found out my 15-year-old sister Lydia has a brain tumor. It was March 12, and the day before she had been to the doctor because her left side was feeling weak. He recommended an MRI, so we had that done, and that same day - the day before we were to leave for the convention - we got the news. They needed to do a biopsy right away so we could find out what kind of tumor it was, so after coming to the hotel and waterpark with us for one night, mom, dad and Lydia headed back to town for her appointment. Daniel, Ethan and I stayed at the convention to help out so mom and dad could focus on Lydia (Caleb's has a job and lives in town and he wasn't able to come with us). Ever since then life has been crazy with phone calls, e-mails, doctor appointments, pills (ick!), and lots more! We were grateful to find out it is not cancerous, however, it is in a bad spot and is inoperable. It is growing slowly and is affecting Lydia's left side.

So . . . . life feels VERY up in the air right now for us, but God has it all under control. We are trusting in Him, and we have been very much encouraged by Bible verses such as:

Isaiah 41:10
Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.


Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.


Joshua 1:9
Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

If you want to be updated on Lydia's progress, please check out her Caring Bridge website! http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/lydiakenney

I'm not exactly sure how soon I'll get around to it, but I do plan on posting updates on birthdays, and also the 4th part in the P4C series (I just realized I had only done 3 parts . . . whoops!).  :-) Thank you everyone for your prayers - please continue to pray for wisdom for our family, and that we will all draw closer to the Lord and to each other through this difficult time in our lives.

2 comments:

Lindsey,Alyssa and Carly said...

Prayed for you tonight at our Mid-week prayer meeting!

Here's some more of His precious Words to rest in ...

And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
II Cor. 12:9

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Phil. 4:6-7


...When my heart is overwhelmed;
Lead me to the rock that is higher than I. Ps 61:2b

Hannah said...

Thank you SO MUCH for the prayers (please thank the people at your prayer meeting as well). We all really appreciate it! And thank you also for the encouraging verses. It's very reassuring to read verses like that, and to know God is in control and will work it all out for good!