Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Trip to Canada!

This past weekend we traveled north of Winnipeg to visit some friends of ours. We enjoyed going to a Provincial Park and hiking, rappelling, playing volleyball and frisbee, and more! It was a great weekend.  Here are some pictures from our time at the park . . .

The viewing tower overlooking Lake Winnipeg

  
 
Karlen, Ethan, and Lydia watching Caleb rappel.



Clifford rappelling
 


And Caleb decided to rappel upside down!! Yes, my brother is crazy! LOL :-)

 
 


Caleb's shadow . . . looks like there's no rope, eh? ;-)

Delmar rappelling
 
 Mrs. Penner and mom visiting


Darlene throwing the frisbee! She has a beautiful smile! :-)


Climbing along the shoreline


Shooting pictures (and no, that is not my lens that I am using - I wish! lol)


 Back row: Daniel, Clifford, Delmar, Caleb, Lydia, me
Front row: Ethan, Karlen, Darlene


Crazy time!
 

 


Sadly, I didn't get any pictures of us meeting with some other friends at the park in Winnipeg on the way home because we were so busy visiting! Maybe next time. :-) I did get one of this deer as we were pulling out . . .
 
Posted by Picasa

As much as I REALLY enjoyed stepping foot in Canada for the first time, it's nice to be back in the good old USA where we use Fahrenheit and miles per hour on the highway! ;-)

1 comment:

Andrew said...

Looks like an exciting time!