On Saturday and Sunday we practiced music for Monday, when we played music at three different places (all in the same town). The first place was a nursing home, and the other two places were apartment buildings. Dad has gotten to know some of the people in this small town, where he delivers mail. Overall it went pretty well, and I hope that the listeners took to heart the salvation message that dad shared.
Tuesday was my first day of teaching piano/harp. This year I'm teaching at an assisted living home, which I really like. I have eight piano students (and I'm possibly getting two more) and one harp student. I'm also teaching my brother and sister different instruments at home. Teaching music can be both enjoyable and stressful at times! :-)
Another interesting thing I've done this week is vote - for the first time! On Sept. 9 there was a primary election, so I went to the local polling place to register and vote. I'm looking forward to also voting on November 4, although I'm rather worried at how it's going to turn out! I definitely do not like Obama, and I don't agree with McCain either. So, I've decided to vote for the man I want to be president (it is still a free country, isn't it?) - Chuck Baldwin, of the Constitution Party. I would STRONGLY suggest that you look at his website: http://www.baldwin08.com/. If you'd like to see a candidate comparison, go here. This election is, I think, one of the most important in all of America's history. I know that some of you might argue that I'm throwing away my vote (or giving it to Obama) but, as an American Citizen, and a Christian, I need to vote for whom I feel would make a good president, and I believe Chuck Baldwin is the man for the job!
Well, I guess that's all for today. :-) Thanks for visiting . . . hopefully I'll be able to post more in the next week or so!
Hannah
P.S. I got my driver's permit so if any of you are on the
road when I am, you'd better look out! :-)
P.P.S. Andrea, just so you know, I'm really glad that the Packers beat the Vikings on Monday!! HA HA HA!! :-)
1 comment:
Ha, ha, very funny. I know you're happy. I do give the Packers credit though-they played very well.Unlike some teams I can think of. I think I'll stick to high school and college games.
Post a Comment