Tuesday, September 2, 2008

My 18th Birthday!!

August 31st marked the 17th anniversary of my first birthday! :-) It was a hot and windy day outside, so I enjoyed spending most of the day inside. I chose omelets, bacon, company french toast, and fruit for breakfast. After eating we paired up to do our Bible time and prepare something for church (we homechurch). Caleb and I did a little skit about Ananias and Sapphira and we talked about what we could learn from that story. Then the others did their skits and talks and we sang several hymns, and dad read a chapter out of a book to us. I spent the afternoon reading, going on the computer, opening some presents, playing a game with some of my younger siblings, and dancing with my dad! Yes, he asked me to put on one of the old-fashioned dresses I liked, and then he surprised me by putting on a suit and dancing with me to a beautiful song on a piano CD!! Thanks dad!

My favorite foods for supper were: chicken, sausage and potato hot dish, jello, garlic bread and Oreo Ice Cream Dessert!! YUM!!

Here's some of my favorite things, and then some pictures:

Food -- Ice Cream, cheese
One of my favorite activities -- reading
Fruit -- raspberries
Restaurant -- hmmm . . . maybe the Golden Corral
Bible Character -- Jesus
Dessert -- ice cream, cheesecake
Color-- pink!
Music group -- various Gospel bluegrass bands
Sport - Prisoner's Base (okay, that's not exactly a sport, but it's a fun outdoor game!)
Snack - cottage cheese with applesauce on top
Place to stay - home
Drink - raspberry/strawberry juice
Vegetable - corn



Me acting silly with Ethan


Holding up a couple gifts (thanks Aunt Jan!)


Caleb made this for me - didn't he do a good job?


Daniel made this for me - he did great too!


Daddy dancing with his little girl



A black and white of dad and his two dressed-up daughters :-)

Thanks mom, dad, Caleb, Daniel, Lydia, and Ethan for a great birthday!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I'm glad you had a good birthday. It was great being a part of that-even if it was a couple of days early! And by the way, Prisoner's Base can definitely be considered a sport!