On Thursday morning we all went out to the garden to weed. Does anybody want to guess the temperature? (You readers in Texas will be so jealous!) :) It was around 52 DEGREES!! And on top of that it was windy (typical MN). So I came out but went straight back in to put on pants, a t-shirt, turtleneck, sweatshirt jacket and hat - in the middle of July!! I know, I know . . . if it was January and 52 degrees, we would have been out in short sleeves! :-) Oh, and I wore flip flops (I'm not ready to start wearing socks - my feet weren't that cold anyway). :-) So . . . here's a lovely picture of myself in the garden (when you're out weeding you can't really care about looks).
Here are Daniel's 95 cherry tomato plants. If anybody likes cherry tomatoes, you know where you can buy some later this summer!!!
Yesterday mom and dad surprised us with the first annual "make a memory day." :-) Mom took us girls around town, and dad took the boys. Here's some pictures of what we did . . .
Yes, I have my permit, so I drove for part of the day. Don't I look like I'm having a great time? :-)
We started out by going to a few garage sales, and the mall was having a big sale so we looked around there. I found a nice skirt and Lydia got a necklace. (We hardly ever buy things at the mall so it was fun!)
After the mall we went to the annual street fair. Mom and I each got this very unique hair piece that holds your hair up firmly. I love it!
Lydia got her face painted . . .
After the street fair we went to various stores looking at clothes and other things. Then for supper we went to IHOP. Yum!! We were so hungry, and the food was SO good!! (can you tell?) :-)
All in all we had a great day together. Thanks mom and dad!! I love you Lydia!!

1 comment:
52 degrees? All I can say is: at least you weren't TENT camping when the night air got down to 45!! Talk about COLD! Where is my summer?!
Sounds like you had a fun day! I love the picture of you in the garden, and the one of you driving--reminds me of Carl driving this past week!
Post a Comment