Saturday, September 5, 2009

Tea Party

Several weeks ago our family went to a Tea Party in Fargo. I've been wanting to post some pictures of it for a while, but other things kept coming up! :-)

I won't say much - pictures speak louder than words - but I will say that we enjoyed it, we were glad we went, and I would highly recommend it!! It was great to actually get out and protest against the way our government is going! Here's a couple websites you could go on to learn more: http://www.reteaparty.com/, and http://taxdayteaparty.com/. I just did an online search and found these, so if anybody knows of any other good websites about the Tea Parties, please leave a comment and tell me!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

5 comments:

Andrea said...

All good points, but . . . so what? Like it's gonna do any good to complain to your neighbors. If you have something to say about the government, why don't you tell THEM?! Why are the Tea Parties being held in town parks instead of on the front steps of the White House? Sorry to be so negative, but while we're all whining to each other, the government just keeps ignoring us and doing what they want.

Hannah said...

You're right, Andrea, we do need to do more. But I think the Tea Parties can do a lot of good. They make people aware of what's going on, and they can encourage and motivate you to take a step further and do things like call your senator/representative. Also, when we were at the Tea Party in Fargo, 2 or 3 conservative men announced that they would be running in the near future for political office. It was a great place for them to announce that, and for us to know about it so we can be aware of that and vote for them (if we so choose) to make real change in this nation! Attending a Tea Party will fire your resolve to help regain our freedom. It will remind you and encourage you to take real action! Also, with all the Tea Parties going on, it sends a message to President Obama and others in leadership that we the people disagree with the way our country is going.

If all you do is go to a Tea Party and "complain to your neighbors," I agree that that would not do any good! It's what you do with the information you learn there that counts.

Jonathan said...

"What she said!" (referring to Hannah)

The majority of people in America know something is wrong. They may not know exactly what, but events like this help bring people together in a manner that will eventually have a great impact.

Great photos, and I'm glad you attended!

Andrea said...

Hannah,
Sure, it should re-kindle your resolve to do something, but how is a Tea Party supposed to affect the President? One of the first things most politicians do is learn to ignore irate citizens. Yes, it's supposed to be their job to represent the PEOPLE, but how many actually do that? Especially now with so many socialists in office?
I guess what I'm trying to say is that while it's good for people to get together and make others aware of what's going on, etc, it's not going to do a thing if WE THE PEOPLE don't storm D.C. screaming "WE'RE READY TO FIGHT FOR OUR FREEDOM!" We call and write to our senators and representatives probably on a weekly basis, but do they listen? No, they write back saying how "great" their side is and how they won't change. Since it's already obvious that they refuse to listen to letters and phone calls, why aren't we taking the next step (well, on the other hand, why are they still in office?)?

Hannah said...

Andrea,
Again, you're right on several points - most of our leaders DON'T represent the people correctly, and they don't seem to change even when we call/write them sharing our opinions, and we do need to do more. BUT you have to start somewhere, and protesting in your own area is a great start. I think Americans are just awakening to facts that some people knew long ago.

How do Tea Parties affect the president? I think it shows him that all across the nation people are starting to reclaim their rights as Americans by protesting his big government plans. Protesting IS doing something - it's sending the message that we don't like what you're doing, so you'd better change (or else)!!

By the way, the Christian Law Association IS storming Washington D.C. - with prayer. You can go to this website to find out more: http://www.christianlaw.org/cla/index.php/capitol-prayer/

Also, you can go on the parental rights website to find out all about the things they have planned for Constitution week (Sept. 17) including a phone call blitz, lobbyist training seminars (in D.C.) and more! http://parentalrights.org/index.asp?Type=B_BASIC&SEC={C5CB2A40-6A13-4E3B-9692-393B9B7CD365}

I also just found out that the Tea Parties aren't just being held in "town parks" but there's going to be one in D.C. on Sept. 12!!! Here's the website: http://912dc.org/

One last thing: Please watch this video, and I think you'll see what I'm trying to say!

http://912dc.org/2009/08/great-video-promoting-the-march-on-washington/