. . . is such an adventure!! It's a lot of work - as you're preparing you say "I'll NEVER do this again!" but then when you're finally finished, you realize it wasn't so bad. :-) It's kinda fun being in a recording studio, but it can get exhausting after a while, and - for a perfectionist like me - sometimes frustrating! But overall it went well and Martin (who recorded, mixed, and mastered for us) was great to work with.
It took us four evenings to complete the CD - three of those I recorded straight for about 4 hours, and the last one we worked on mixing. Usually I played through a song once or twice, and then went back and fixed the measures where I had made a mistake. I got 6 of the easiest songs done first, and saved my two hardest for the third night. The first one I did that evening was Carol of the Bells . . . and I didn't make ONE mistake!!!! It was pretty amazing to see God at work - the song I was probably dreading the most He helped me get through perfectly. When you're recording, and you get through a difficult piece without having to re-do anything . . . you just know it's God! :-) So I was able to get four songs done that night, instead of the usual three. It saved us a whole night of recording!
And here's one of Caleb with his fiddle - we had three different kinds of microphones (but you can't see them all in this picture), to create a perfect mixture of sounds.
Here's Martin editing the songs - he had quite the system, and he did a very professional job!
You can listen to a sample of my CD on my website. This is your last chance to order a CD if you want one before Christmas!! :-)

3 comments:
Dear Hannah,
I LOVED listening to your CD today!!!!!! Thanks for your very prompt shipment and for all of the hours of hard work that went into making the beautiful music! I listened to the CD so many times that my brothers finally asked me how many more times I planned on restarting it? :) They liked it too, but I guess too much of a good thing isn't the best either!
So, I just wanted you to know that we think you (and Caleb) did an EXCELLENT job and that I'll/we'll enjoy your CD for years to come!
Blessings~
Cora
Thank you Cora!! I'm really glad you've been enjoying it. :-) God bless!
Very cool studio! Your CD turned out great! I think I'm going to add it to our Christmas traditions if my brothers let me add any more traditions to the lot!
Post a Comment