Just two weeks ago, at the beginning of January, the temperatures dipped to -33F (well, actually, fifty-five below zero was the predicted windchill). Brrrrr . . . that was cold. Even for us Minnesotans. As you can see, I had to dress very warmly if I wanted to be outside at all - any less than this, and I most surely would have frozen stiff. Yes, I know I look like an Eskimo, but in spite of all those layers I still got icicles on my eyelashes. (by the way - for you southerners, those are black snow bibs I'm wearing, and the thing around my face is called a scarf - we don't wear them for fashion up here)
But then, this week, the weather surprisingly warmed up to THIRTY DEGREES ABOVE ZERO!!!!! My mom nearly fainted just hearing that the temp was going to be over 0. We prepared for this heat wave by getting out all our summer clothing and buying lemonade. We even set up our pool (but when we filled it up, the water froze - funny, because I thought water froze at ten degrees in MN . . . guess I was wrong) Yeah, I know there's still snow on the ground, but who cares? It's global warming in action!!
3 comments:
So . . . what program did you use for the pics? Just curious . . . ;) Thanks for calling today--it's always great to hear from you!
Hi Andrea, I just used Picasa. :-) It was good to talk to you as well - I'm glad you had such a great weekend, and I can't wait to see some pictures!!
I love the picture of you drinking lemonade with the frozen trees in the background. You guys are so funny! Mrs. P~
Post a Comment