Friday, April 30, 2010

Loving the Lord Ministries Documentary

Thank you all for your prayers regarding my health and my trip to Minneapolis (see my previous post)! I had a great time, and everything went really well. It's been neat to see God's hand on this documentary - to Him be the glory!

So here's the story (with plenty of details!! ha ha) . . . On Sunday we left around 1pm to meet our friends the Alzen Family at the church where they were performing (halfway to my destination). I was able to film their concert for a future project, and we had a lot of fun visiting with them! Later that evening they drove me all the way to the Vest's home, and we had a blast playing word games in the van - thank you Alzen family! :-)

The Vests were very welcoming and kind, and since it was late I went right to bed so I could be well rested for the next day! I hadn't been feeling the best (sore throat, runny nose, etc.) but thankfully the next morning I wasn't any worse, so we were able to go on with everything as planned!

 
On Monday morning we set up and did some audio/video tests. Then we started with Amy's interviews, which continued well into the afternoon. She did an awesome job explaining all the Lord has done for her and Loving the Lord Ministries!
Eric (Amy's brother) did a great job with the lighting, and he also had a second camera so we could get shots from different angles.
When Amy's interview was over, we got some extra shots of her reading her Bible and a few other daily things. Then we interviewed Mr. and Mrs. Vest (Jeff and Margie). They did a great job as well!
I had such scrumptious, healthy meals while I was staying at their house!! Yum! It was fun to get some shots of Amy and her mom working in the kitchen together.
 The next morning we started the interviews with the moms, girls, friends and staff who have been blessed by Amy and her ministry. We did a total of 12 people that day, so we were all kept very busy!! There was a neat variety of people (who all had such good things to say!!) and we were able to find several different backgrounds for them.
Mrs. Vest did a great job asking the questions and just being there for the interviewee to talk to, so they wouldn't have to be staring at a light!! :-)


Amy is so sweet with everybody, making them all feel special, and her smile and hug just shine with the love of Jesus! She was such a blessing to me with her prayers and encouragement!
Thankfully the weather was really nice, so we were able to do a couple interviews outside.
Then back to some more inside . . .
 
It was a very full and busy day!! We got some great footage, and now I'm looking forward to the editing process!!

On Wednesday, we talked over lots of details - narration, pictures, editing, and more! It's amazing how much time and planning can go into one movie. :-) It has been SO much fun seeing it all come together, and it's been such a learning experience for me! I hope that this documentary will give glory to God, and that many people will be blessed by watching it!
A big thank you goes to the Vest family for all the work they've put into this documentary (and to Eric for taking these pictures)!! It's been a joy to work with you all!

Thank you, Amy, for being willing to submit to the Lord and follow His will for your life - you are an encouragement and blessing to so many (including me)!!!

9 comments:

Lulu said...

That is so exciting! Love the pictures. =D Amy is such a wonderful young lady. =D Blessings.
Lulu

Unknown said...

Wow! Looks like fun! And a lot of work too... I hope it turns out well for you! I know how much time and effort video editing can take, and I haven't even tried anything as ambitous as that!
What kind of a camera do you have? I have been doing odd jobs with my camcorder for a long time, but am thinking it's time to upgrade... Just curious what you have. :-)
Andrew Bornemann

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the update! Can hardly wait to see the movie. Hayley

Hannah said...

Thanks for the comments everybody!

Andrew - I have a SONY HVR-A1J. It uses mini-dv tapes, and can record in DV or HD. God provided it in a really neat way, and I've enjoyed using it a lot! The quality is good and it's worked well for me. :-)

Barbara S said...

Wow! It sounds like the Lord really worked, and you guys had a blast. Looking forward to seeing the finished product. Lord bless you Hannah!

the W. family said...

Hi Hannah!
We really enjoyed this post! It sounds like everything went really well. The Vest family and some of the girls you interviewed are friends of ours, so it was all the more fun to read this post and look at the pictures! :) We are looking forward to watching the finished product!

Love and Prayers,
Amy Wolf

Loving the Lord Ministries said...

Hannah dear,
It was such a privilege and joy to seek to share the Lord's story along with you and the amazing team He provided! You are a treasure and I am so blessed by your heart after Jesus. May the Lord be SO glorified through this film! He is so good.
I love you, little sister!
Amy

A. Hartley said...

Wow. This is going to be really cool! Great work, ladies!

Joy said...

I have given you the "Pure in Heart" award, Hannah, you can read more on my blog(http://without-one-plea.blogspot.com/)! You're deserving of it!