Monday, September 6, 2010

I Am SO OLD! :-)

Can you believe I turned 20 on August 31st? Wow. Time really flies faster the older you get. It can be so easy to look to the future and think of where you'll be then, instead of focusing on doing your best for the Lord in the here and now! :-)

My family helped me to have a great birthday!! Before I show you any birthday pictures, though, here's a few old ones of our family, just for fun!

This one's REALLY old!! Don't you love those hairstyles and the big glasses? ha ha :-)
These are a little more recent - probably taken in the last 6 or 7 years. God has sure grown our family!
Now for some birthday pictures (taken by Caleb). These are a couple of special cards I got from my friends Hannah (in the b&w picture below) and her little sister Tabitha. Thank you girls for writing me!! I was so happy to get cards from both of you!
Lydia and I in our matching t-shirts from Amy Vest! And the card with the pink heart is homemade from Lydia! She always creates the most colorful and creative cards! :-)
Thanks Daniel for the body pillow!! I always sleep better with puffier pillows. :-)
YUM!!!! The same thing I get for EVERY birthday - AMERICAN CHEESE!! My favorite!
 
This is my "birthday movie" - Standing Firm (thanks Caleb!). I had never seen it before but I thought it was very well done (especially since it was the director's first movie).
 
Ethan and I reading the special card he made me. :-)
Oreo Ice Cream Dessert . . . . oooh, my mouth drools at the thought. ha ha :-)
Posted by Picasa

Thanks to my family for making my birthday special!!!
What are some fun traditions that your family does for birthdays?
I'd love to hear from you!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the post, and the pictures! Time sure does fly faster the older you get... Just remember, you're only as old as you feel!
Our family likes to do a birthday hunt, where one of the gifts is hidden away, and the person whose birthday it is has to find the present via a series of clues, which are also hidden... It makes for a fun evening!
Andrew B.

The Pennington Point said...

Happy belated birthday from the whole Pennington family! We can't wait to meet you. Love, Mrs. P~

Amy Vest Cox said...

Happy Birthday, little sister!!! I love you so much and am so grateful that the Lord brought you into this world. I know that He has amazing things in the coming year as you seek and live for Him! I am praying for His blessings on you...