Well, I'm finally posting about Christmas!! I won't make this too long, but I did want to share some pictures and tell a little about what we did over the Christmas season.
The week before the week of Christmas was extremely busy for us. We were able to play music and sing at several nursing homes - twice just our family, once with the local homeschool group, and once I played harp alone. While it is stressful practicing and getting ready to play (it's hard to imagaine doing it full time!), we are glad to be able to be a blessing and share Christ's love with others! I also played harp at a restaraunt for a private birthday party (below).
Every Christmas, we always visit two very special ladies in our lives! We have such an enjoyable time talking, eating, exchanging presents and being together!
The first is "Aunt" Marcia - mom worked with her before I was born, and they've been friends ever since! We always LOVE it when she takes us out to a movie - some of our favorites have included Up and Wall-E.
I also enjoyed being able to go to a Christmas cantata where my friend Amy A. played violin, and her mom sang in the choir. We enjoyed going out for a meal afterwards - it's always so encouraging and enjoyable to visit with friends!
On Christmas Eve and Day, it was just us at home. As soon as dad got home from work on Christmas Eve, we made him sit down and relax, and gave him homeade cards and a snack, and Lydia and I played special music!
That night we dressed up and had a special ham dinner - YUM!
That night we dressed up and had a special ham dinner - YUM!
2 comments:
Hello Hannah!
It sounds like you had a beautiful, memory-filled Christmas. :-)
I'm sure your harp music was beautiful and that your friends enjoyed it a lot. Btw, thank you for letting me play your harp while we were at your place, I enjoyed it!
You are so photogenic Hannah. :)I know I've said it before, but, that green shawl that you bought down in San Antonio looks *so* good on you!
Blessings!
Ana
Thank you for commenting, Ana! I don't know very many people that know how to play the harp - I am so glad you were able to play mine when you came to our house!
Thank you for your kind words, and thank you also to you and your sisters for all the advice you gave about colors when you were here! It's so much fun to discuss that, and I hope we can see you all again soon! :-)
Post a Comment