Monday, January 3, 2011

Trip Journal - Our Last Day

Wow, I really feel behind on blogging! There are so many things to write about (and probably several I promised to share a while ago and never did) but I will have to content myself with taking one thing at a time. :-) So, before sharing about our Christmas and New Years, I'd like to finish writing about our trip to San Antonio that we took in October! :-)
Our last full day (Sunday) in Texas was spent at our new, good friend's house - the P. family. We were so grateful for their hospitality, and had such a fun time getting to know them! They have nine children, and you can check out their fun blog at The Pennington Point.
 
Patience and Lydia drawing together . . .
Hope, Faith, and Grace (my pen-pal) working together in the LOVELY kitchen (all four P. girls are so sweet and fun to be with - why can't they all just live in MN?) . . .
Caleb and Jacob playing Wii?
Daniel and Elijah, Noah, and Adam (not necessarily in that order!) playing Monopoly (little Levi was elsewhere).

Now Grace and I have called each other "Anne" and "Diana" (from the Anne of Green Gables series) for quite a while, so we just HAD to take some snapshots of us dressed up like those old-fashioned, lovable characters!! Although, the funny thing is, Grace is much more like Anne than I am in personality . . .  but since I have the red hair, alas, she is doomed to be Diana forever. :-) Nevertheless, my kindred spirit and I had a BLAST doing the photo shoot and she shall be my bosom friend as long as the sun and moon shall endure!! 
 
 
 
It was SO hard to leave the next morning. :-( Texas is a wonderful state, and the people and weather are so warm! But don't worry, I don't plan on moving down there . . . I don't think I could enjoy a winter or Christmas without several feet of snow!! ha ha

We are so thankful for God's blessings on our trip, and Lord willing, we are already looking forward to the possibility of attending the San Antonio Independent Christian Film Festival next year!

7 comments:

Andrea said...

Fyi you're making me feel guilty for not blogging in SOOO long. Maybe I should do that. Before I once again say goodbye to life and re-enter the craziness of school.

Anyhow, I've enjoyed reading about your trip. I'm glad you had such a great time!

Anonymous said...

What a fun trip! :) Hayley R

Cora Beth said...

I LOVE your Anne and Diana pictures!!!!!! You even look a good deal like the heroines of the movie. :)

How wonderful it is to spend sweet time with friends! I look forward to seeing you (Lord willing and all) at the home school convention this year. :)

Unknown said...

Great pictures! You look a lot like them too... :-)

TaylorGarms said...

Love your Anne and Diana interpertations! How cute (beautiful dresses by the way)! :) You two are just-about perfect! *smiles*

Sarah Lee said...

Hannah,
These are beautiful pictures of you and Grace - what lovely dresses!! Thank you for posting them. Your time together sounds like such a blessing.
I hope someday we can meet as well.

Hannah said...

Thank you all so much for commenting! Happy New Year! :-)