A couple days before Caleb's graduation (post coming on that soon!) one of Caleb's roommates from ALERT, Clifford, and his brother, Delmar, stopped by our house on their way home to Canada from a trip to the eastern US. We had a lot of fun playing volleyball, swimming, eating ice cream, and - since they're into filmmaking like we are - of course we just had to make a short film together! We came up with a spur-of-the-moment storyline and shot everything within about 3 hours the next morning before they had to leave. We had a blast and I can't wait to post the finished product on my blog. Sadly, I'm having some computer issues and must wait until I buy my long-awaited new computer before finishing the editing! :-)
Delmar did the filming, I did audio, Caleb and Clifford were the actors/stuntmen and Daniel and Lydia helped out where needed. We really had to rush to get everything done in time before brunch!
Delmar did the filming, I did audio, Caleb and Clifford were the actors/stuntmen and Daniel and Lydia helped out where needed. We really had to rush to get everything done in time before brunch!
Clifford and Caleb
Here are a couple screen shots from our short film . . . hopefully we'll be able to get the finished product up soon!!



7 comments:
Looks like fun! Can't wait to see the finished video... :-)
Andrew B.
What kind of computer are you getting??
Thanks Andrew! I'm excited to see it completed as well! :-)
Well, Andrea, I'm not 100% sure yet (besides the fact that it'll be a Windows Desktop). I'm looking into a couple different options, but I know I need one for sure that can edit smoothly in HD (using Adobe Premiere Pro). The Dell XPS 8500 is one that I'm seriously considering. :-)
Hannah,
Have you considered building your own computer? It is usually quite a bit cheaper than buying a pre-built big-box computer...
BTW, you don't need that powerfull of a computer to do HD editing; I use a i3-540, 8GB RAM, and a Radeon HD4850, and it works just fine...
Andrew B.
Yes, that is an option I've considered, Andrew. I know that I do want to get more than I need - I figure while I'm spending the money I might as well get a nice one since computers get "old" so fast! :-)
I'm glad you all had a great time! Can't wait to see the video.
Jessica Jeffery
Yes, we did have a great time Jessica! Thanks for commenting! :-)
Post a Comment