Monday, June 10, 2013

Film Camp Pictures

Hey everyone! Here is a very quick photo update from the film camp I just arrived home from! I had an AMAZING TIME, learned a lot, and made lots of new friends!
I hope to write a more detailed report later.

First of all, Colorado is beautiful. We really enjoyed talking walks and hiking down the canyon. On one of our off days we even shot a short film down at the creek in the bottom of the canyon! It was a really neat experience! :-)


Brayden, Murray, Madison and Dave


Isn't the view gorgeous?!
 

I took a self-portrait on the way back from one of our more leisurely walks.
Rebekah did my hair so that was fun!


L-R: Rebekah, Madison, Stacey, Laura, Danielle and Mary and me in the back


Laura, me (dressed as a homeless person for an extra), Carol, Rebekah and Stacey


Me "booming"
 

Me and Danielle, my awesome fellow film camp student! :-)


Me and Madison, the wonderful 2nd AD


Me and Mary, the amazing 1st AD


Filming Pastor Maxwell


Me and Laura, who plays Rachel Winslow

We were always extremely serious on set. No laughing was allowed. Film sets are very quiet and boring.

 
 Ok, ok - just kidding! We all laughed probably more than we'd ever laughed in our lives! Of course we all worked hard and had serious times but there was also lots of vibrant discussions and debates, joking, games and fun!

Madison let me wear her hat :-)


Here I am as a homeless extra - I really enjoyed it!


I can't get over how beautiful it is in Colorado! Visit there if you can!


The hardest thing by far was parting ways with all my amazing new friends. We all left at different times but several of us were on the same flight and got to hang out at the airport. Here I am with Madison, Mr. Rich Swingle, and Mary. I miss EVERYONE so much!!
Thanks to all of you for a wonderful experience!
 
Posted by Picasa
I'll post more later! This week I have a one week summer job thinning beets, so I'll be pretty busy, but hopefully I'll have time to write more about my experiences later. Have a wonderful June!

12 comments:

Andrew said...

Looks like you had a great time of learning and fellowship! Looking forward to a detailed report :)

Andrew

Rachel said...

How neat! The Christian film-making industry looks like such a wonderful experience to be a part of!
I have an uncle who lives in Colorado but I haven't actually been there myself. Will have to do that someday!

~Rachel

Hannah said...

Andrew, you're right! It was an amazing time. I can't wait to share more!

Rachel, yes, you will have to visit CO someday! It's a gorgeous state. :-) The Christian filmmaking industry is amazing, and it will be neat to see where God takes it in the future.

Unknown said...

I am so glad you had a good time and you are back home safely!! See you soon?

Emily

Hannah said...

Thanks Emily! Will you be at Family Fun Days? I hope to see you there!

TaylorGarms said...

Great photos! Looks like it was a really wonderful experience in a fun atmosphere! (Are you glad you went? :) )

Hannah said...

Thanks Taylor! Oh yes, I am so, so, so glad I went. I not only learned a lot about filmmaking, but also grew in life experiences! We'll have to talk soon!

Zack Lawrence said...

You were great, Hannah! I'm looking forward to seeing how you use what you learned in the future. :)

Hannah said...

Thanks Zack! You were a great teacher and director, and I hope to work with Standing Sun Productions again! :-)

Deborah said...

Looks like so much fun and a great experience, Hannah!!! Can't wait to see you again!

Hannah said...

And I can't wait to see YOU Deborah! One of these days I'm gonna have to give you a call. :-) I miss you!

Unknown said...

Very cool, Hannah! I can't wait to hear more about it! I'm reading In His Steps right now for a Bible Bee assignment - really odd timing! :)