Last weekend we went to the Lake Itasca Family Music Festival and had a great time! We really enjoyed listening to the bands. Here's a link to the website that tells about the Festival: http://www.familybluegrass.com/. Some of our favorites were: The Johnson Family, The Hartley Family, and The Triple L Band.
Saturday at the festival was cloudy, and later in the evening it started looking like it was going to rain. After a little while it started to sprinkle, then as it started coming down harder they announced that we were going to take a break until it passed over. So I went under one of the tents (just some blue tarp over some wood) where a couple of the bands were selling CD's. It started getting quite windy and raining harder. All of a sudden a big gust of wind came up and the whole tent collapsed . . . and a long 2x4 piece of wood fell on my head! I was shocked but alright. There were a lot of people under the tent but only one other guy and I were hit. Several people asked, "Are you okay?!" We were both fine, just a little bruised. Thankfully no one was hurt worse!
Here's some pictures from our time there. I'll add some movies later, even thought the quality isn't that good since I was using just my camera, and it was hard to keep it steady. Hope you enjoy them!
Anna and I (a new friend I met) under the tarp I wrote about, before it collapsed. I'm a little scrunched down in this picture!
The Triple L Band
The Johnson Family
1 comment:
That was funny and a little scary, huh? :D Did the bump on your head last long?
Post a Comment