Hey everybody, here's an update on what we've been doing lately.
This past Saturday my family and I went to a Heritage Festival about an hour or so from our house. We left around 8 in the morning and stopped at several garage sales along the way. When we arrived at 10:00am, a couple of my younger siblings went right to a three legged race, and we enjoyed walking around looking at all the different buildings. There was a general store, an exhibit building, an old house or two, and a LOT of rendezvous tents set up all over the place. It's fun seeing people dressed up in old-fashioned clothing. I like doing that myself occasionally (mostly just around the house)! My 14-year-old brother, Caleb, had brought his muzzle loader with, and he had a blast shooting it off in the gun range. He learned a lot from the guys there.
We spent the rest of the early afternoon eating lunch, looking around, and watching some bands play (we weren't overly impressed with any of them, though). Later, we went to the campground and went swimming and canoeing in the lake, and also in the pool they had there. It was a hot day!! We spent the rest of the evening eating supper, putting up our tent, riding bikes, and roasting marshmellows over the fire as it got dark!
The next day we packed up and went back to the festival. There was some preaching and singing outside so we went right over to that. I REALLY like what the preacher had to say! He said that we are the church, not the building we meet in. He also talked about how things have changed over the last couple hundred years, both good and bad. I liked it when he mentioned the persecuted church in China. Did you know that a few days ago some Americans flew to China with over 300 Bibles to hand out when they got there, and the authorities took them all away? Read the article here. Also, here is a great website to look at if you want to learn more about the persecuted church: www.persecution.com.
Late Sunday morning we left the festival, visited some friends, and then came home. Actually, we stopped at KFC on the way home. Mmmmm!! We don't go out to eat very often (it can get really expensive for 7 people, not to mention rather unhealthy as well!) so it was a delicious treat. :-)
Well, I guess I'll sign off for now. I hope to post a movie of our family singing soon!!
Hannah
No comments:
Post a Comment