Saturday, January 3, 2009

Our Christmas

This year for Christmas Eve we were able to have Grandma Grace (mom's mom) over for a nice supper. We haven't been able to have Christmas with her in a LONG time!! I always enjoy Christmas dinner - our tradition is ham, mashed potatoes, and a variety of other side dishes like corn, olives, green beans, buns, and more! For dessert we always have a cookie plate filled with all kinds of goodies - peanut butter kiss cookies, Mexican wedding cakes (also called snowballs or walnut crescents), chocolate covered pretzels, chocolate kisses, and more!

After supper and clean-up dad read us the Christmas story out of Luke 2. Then it was time to open presents!! This year I got a few books (it seems like I get books every year - I wonder why?), a movie, some fuzzy socks, and some snowman poop!! Yes, you read it right - snowman poop (a.k.a. mini marshmallows)!! Here's the little poem that came with it:

Santa checked his list and then he checked it twice,
He found out you haven't been very nice.
Since coal is so expensive, here is the scoop,
He's giving you a stocking full of snowman poop!!

We also got some Jonathan Park Cd's (www.jonathanpark.com), and us kids all pitched in to buy some movies off of www.behemoth.com. We usually save a gift or two for Christmas Day, so that morning we gave mom her unexpected gift - a new camera!! She'd been wanting a small digital camera to carry around in her purse, but she was so surprised to get one for Christmas that she screamed!! For the rest of Christmas Day we just layed around in our pajamas reading, watching movies, and listening to Jonathan Park!! Here are some pictures of our Christmas Eve with grandma (the second to last one is of dad reading a sweet poem that Lydia wrote him):







2 comments:

The K. Family said...

Sounds like you had a great Christmas! What more could anyone want then Jonathan Park and books? :) Naomi K

The Pennington Point said...

Hi Hannah...Grace is gone to the film academy, so I am replying to your post on my blog. I will definitely give her your blog address and I am sure she will enjoy reading though it and getting to know you better. What a sweet Christmas you had...I love looking at the pictures and we love Jonathan Park too! Mrs. P~