Saturday, January 3, 2009

Daniel's Ice Boat

Daniel built a really neat ice boat last month and, even though our pond is covered with snow now, he had fun trying it out in December. So here's a movie of him explaining how he made it, and then I'll post another movie of him "sailing" on it.


3 comments:

Jonathan said...

That looks like the design for an ice boat in the American Boy's Handi-book that I have; he didn't get the design from there, did he? Great job, Daniel.

Hannah said...

No, he didn't use that book. He actually thought up the idea with a couple of the Uelands. It's just too bad he can't use it anymore - he put so much work into it!

Unknown said...

Your Grandma Kathleen thinks it is just a wonderful boat! I wish I was there in person to watch you go! I'm so proud of you for doing something that complicated and making it work. You can do anything you set your mind to with the gifts and talents the Lord has blessed you with, Daniel. I Praise the Lord for you...and you bring me lots of joy!
Love, Kathleen