Monday, February 16, 2009

The Sound of Music

For the past two and a half years, two families have been working on making a movie. They call it The Sound of Music. It is a remake of the original (the one with Julie Andrews), although minus numerous parts and not even a fraction of the quality of that well-made original. :-) Nevertheless, they had a blast making it, and now they are proud to announce that the project is almost finished!! All that's left is for the editor (yours truly) to finish some editing (and who knows how long that will take with the ND Homeschool Convention coming up!). So . . . here is a trailer of the film that our family made with the U. family. They have eight children who were all in the movie and even the parents have enjoyed being in it! :-) We plan on making another movie this summer (along with the S. family) about persecuted Christians. We are working on writing the script and putting it together now, so that when the nice weather comes we can start filming. I am in the process of buying a new camcorder, so I am looking forward to putting it to good use in making many exciting, encouraging, and God-honoring movies!!

P.S. A couple times in the trailer the words go down to the space below - sorry about that! I'm not quite sure how that happened.
P.P.S. The Sound of Music is not really "coming to theatres near you" I just put that in there for fun!

6 comments:

Andrea said...

I can't wait to see the final production! I know you all have worked hard on it, so finishing will be a huge accomplishment.

Anonymous said...

Hannah, this looks great! Can't wait to see it. :) I am working on replying to your email. :)

Persevero!

Your sister in Christ, Grace P.

Anonymous said...

Hello Hannah,
I just recently found your blog and wanted to write and say "Hi".
Also, I wanted to tell you that I think it is so neat what you are doing in making movies that uphold God's standards! Will your version of "The Sound of Music" be available for purchase when you're finished with it? I would very much love to see it, as that is one of my family's favorite movies. :) The trailer of your movie was just enough to wet my appetite for what is coming! You must have had fun acting out the boat scene... :)
Anyway, I just wanted to encourage you to keep up the good work! Hopefully we'll be able to make it to the Home School Convention this year and can visit then.
A sister in Christ~
Cora Bornemann

Hannah said...

Thank you for the encouraging words, everyone! Cora, "The Sound of Music" won't actually be for sale (since it's just something we did for fun, and it's pretty poor quality) but I would be glad to make a copy of it for anyone who is willing to view our very amateur movie. :-) I probably won't have it done by the convention, so hopefully we will connect there and you can give me your address. Thank you for the encouragement!

Anonymous said...

I look forward to seeing you at the convention! We can talk more about your movie then... :)
Stay warm,
Cora

Olivia said...

I love it! You did a wonderful job on it! Thanks so much for the dvds you gave us!