Back in the spring, Caleb and Daniel started work on building a cabin in our backyard! They thought it would be a fun project, and they might even put some beds out there and move in . . . we'll see. :-) Anyway, they learned a lot while building, and it was really neat how the Lord provided good materials for them to use. For example, a neighbor of ours was getting all new windows, but the old ones were still in good condition. So dad asked if the boys could have them, and she said yes! They also got the wood, sheet metal, and shingles for very good prices. Here's some pictures, starting in the spring/early summer:
The frame
Putting up the walls
The windows
Up goes the roof!
. . . and the sheet metal.
The inside of the cabin . . .
The loft
A job well done!

10 comments:
Caleb and Daniel you did a really good job! Looks professional!
Andrew
AMAZING, guys!
I am soooo proud of you two!
AJ
GREAT job, guys! Is that where all five Thompsons will stay if/when we visit you?
Don't worry, Uncle Bryan - we'll only make you stay there if you misbehave (we've had to put mom in there a few times)!! ha ha ha :-)
Wow! Fun project! (hannah I'm from the reach homeschool group in fargo, can't wait to see you at the homeschool convention!)
Thank you for commenting, Lulu! I always love hearing from new people who read my blog. :-) I'm looking forward to seeing you at the convention as well!! Will you be at the purity conference?
Having done some of the same sort of work myself, I can appreciate all the hard work that went into building that! I'm sure it took a lot of time, diligence, planning, and old fashioned elbow grease to get it done! Great job!
Great job boys! I'm thinking my guys will want to do a "guys camping night" with you!
Wow! I am amazed and impressed! PLUS now you have room for our family to stay when we come for a visit!
My boys will love looking at these pictures. Great job boys! Mrs. P~
Yes, Hannah-I will be coming to the Purity conference. :)
Post a Comment