Lydia Ruthanne Marie turned 13 on March 20th!! Just a few days before, she had a huge change in her life . . . well, on her teeth to be exact. :-)
SHE GOT BRACES!!!!!!
Doesn't she look grown up? On her special day, we each gave her a homemade card and some gifts!
I just love looking at old pictures . . . although it makes me sad thinking of times long past, and how I need to remember that each present moment is precious!
YUMMY!!! Lemon cake and homemade vanilla ice cream!!!
There were a couple funny "kid quotes" that happened recently during devotions, so I thought I'd share those with you.
Dad: The Bible says we can't serve God and mammon. What does mammon mean, Lydia?
Mom: Here's a clue: it's something that starts with an M, and you got it for your birthday . . . . .
Lydia: Mustard?
Ha! Ha!! :-) But I guess it's true that it would be hard to serve God and mustard!!
Here's another one:
Here's another one:
Dad was reading a story book to us, and Ethan wasn't totally paying attention. Dad got to the part that said, " . . . for the fire they had to pick up dried buffalo chips . . ." And Ethan, who LOVES corn chips, perked up and yelled, "Chips!! Yum! I want to eat them!" We all just BURST out laughing!! :-)
So HAPPY 13th BIRTHDAY to my FAVORTIE SISTER!!!!!! We love you Lydia!!


2 comments:
Happy Birthday, Lydia!! Those are some great pics and quotes! So funny! :-)
Tell Lydia "Happy Birthday" from me! :)
Post a Comment