Monday, June 6, 2011

EXCELSIOR!!

Excelsior means "ever higher" . . .  and it is also the title of a new film by DayStar Productions, Bartlett Productions, and 9 Lives Stunts!

Two Saturdays ago, we left for a five day trip to visit our good friends the Bartletts, who live on a farm in North Dakota. During those five days, we shot most of the scenes for our short action film. We had been working on the script and planning for a couple months, and now we just have two scenes left to shoot, and then all the post production work!

While the storyline will not be made public until Excelsior's release later this year, I will post a few pictures so you can get an idea of what went on during our production last week! We are so grateful to the Lord for making all the details come together, for safety, and for allowing us to get everything done on time (despite some really bad weather). I am excited to work on editing! We are all amateurs at filmmaking, so we were grateful for this experience to learn a lot by actually working on a set together!

So first, here's a picture of the production crew. Everybody helped in so many ways (more than I can list here)! :-)

A - Peter Bartlett . . . storyboard artist/assistant stunt coordinator/antagonist
B - Caleb K. . . . stunt coordinator/storyboard consultant/protagonist
C - Jonathan Bartlett . . . script writer/co-producer/actor/storyboard consultant
D - Andrew Bartlett . . . director/storyboard consultant/cinematographer/actor
E - Me (Hannah) . . . producer/storyboard consultant/cinematographer/actor/editor
F - Lydia K. . . . actor/grip
G - Daniel K. . . . extra cameraman/grip
H - David Bartlett . . . actor/grip
Of course we couldn't have done anything without our parents, who did a lot of behind-the-scenes work! Dad and Mr. Bartlett picked up the slack around the farm, and Mom and Mrs. Bartlett made scrumptious meals to keep us going! :-)

We have known the Bartletts since before I was born, and have enjoyed making lots of memories over the years!! When we get together we usually get a picture of all of us kids lined up by height. I used to be second in line, but every time we get together I move further down the line . . . now I'm in 5th place, and I have a feeling I'll be last one of these days. lol :-)

SEVEN YEARS AGO!

(Yes, my left-handed salute is pathetic in the above pic - Caleb followed me and and then he made him and Peter laugh because they were bumping arms - what memories!) :-)

 
Andrew was a great director, and - as you can tell - he's loved cameras from an early age. :-) 


Part 2 coming soon!

No comments: