Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Blizzard and Birthday

Yes, you read that right. Another blizzard. Well, I guess I should say "winter storm." We've gotten maybe 12 or so inches, and travel is not advised. There was some wind, but I don't think it was as bad as predicted. So, just when I was looking for green grass to start showing itself, snow completely covered the ground!! *sigh* Our area does NOT need any more moisture. As you all probably know, Fargo and the surrounding towns have had MAJOR, record breaking flooding in the last couple weeks. Several friends of ours have had to evacuate, but thankfully everyone's okay. Our house isn't in any danger, but please be praying for those in Fargo and in the surrounding areas. Pray that homes and people will be kept safe, and that many will draw closer to God through these trials.

Here are some pictures of this most recent snowstorm. This first one is of our county road. A little while after I took the picture, the snow plows came by. Since the weather isn't very cold, the snow on the ground was very heavy and wet.






Our front porch



Dad plowing our driveway




Lydia turned 11 on March 20th. We celebrated her birthday at home before the convention, and then we had a little "party" with some friends for her when we were there. Some of Lydia's talents and hobbies are: drawing (God really gave her a gift for that!!), collecting Littlest Pet Shop items, playing piano, violin and harp (she can play very well by ear!), and writing pen pals. We each get to choose a movie to watch for our birthday evening, and Lydia chose FIREPROOF. You can find out more about it at www.fireproofthemovie.com. So, here are some pictures of her birthday celebration at home.






Thank you Aunty Jan for the wonderful birthday gifts! :-)



Happy 11th Birthday LYDIA!!!!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Happy belated birthday Lydia! Hope it was fantastic!
So Hannah, about this movie we're making . . . think it'll ever be warm and dry enough to shoot? :-)

Anonymous said...

It looks like you still have quite a bit of winter ahead of you! We do too-we still have 1 1/2 feet of snow covering the ground. I had such a good time talking to you at the convention--I hope that our families can get together sometime!- Hayley R.