Anyway, here are some pictures I took this afternoon. Yes, I actually went outside! The boys and dad plowed and shoveled, and I spent some time with my German Shepherd, Mercy.
Dad just said the driveway is REALLY bad!! The drifts are packed down and at least knee high. The boys sure have their work cut out for them tomorrow!
We have been extremely busy lately - as you probably know, mom is the convention coordinator for the ND Home School Convention. We are counting down the days until we leave for Jamestown, ND (we leave next Wednesday)! Some of the highlights this year for me will be seeing friends and hearing George Escobar speak about filmmaking. We are staying in a hotel for four nights, so we will probably be ready to go home to our own beds on Sunday, but I'm sure we'll be disappointed that the convention is already over (it always goes by so fast)! We've been going to the ND Convention every year since I was 2 or 3, so this is an annual tradition for our family. In 2006 mom became the coordinator and she enjoys being able to work from home and save up money for family trips. So, that being said, I won't be writing on here for a little while. But in a few weeks I'll be sure to tell you all how the convention went, and to post some pictures!! Please pray for mom as she finishes preparing, for our family's health, and for the weather to be sunny and warm next week!
5 comments:
Yeah, why is it we live here?! By the way, you may have had knee-high snow drifts, but you also have a four-wheeler to help plow out. Carl has four shoveling jobs, one of which took him over three hours--and that was with me helping him for two hours! Oh well, it's a good workout for our brothers. I sure hope that's the last big storm of the year (I know better than to hold my breath, though)!
We thought we'd get the blizzard too...but we only got a couple inches. But yeah, in spite of the cold, this is still the best place in the world to live!
Hi Hannah! I can’t believe the snow up there! I’ve never seen anything like it! J I pray that the convention goes well, and that you have a good time and learn a lot!
Your sister in Christ, Grace P.
Hi Hannah,
I sure enjoyed having a few minutes to visit with you at the convention--and it was really neat to meet some of your "U" friends as well! Thank you (and your family, of course) for all the work you did to make the home school convention a reality!!! My family and I were blessed by the workshops and the fellowship! :)
I was just wondering how you are doing with all of this moisture? Many of our roads have water running over them, so we've been staying pretty close to home. Thankfully, our farm is on top of a hill, so we don't have to worry about getting water in our buildings or anything. I feel so bad for those who have had major water damage done, though--and especially for the people who have had to leave their homes!
To brighten your day, I thought I'd send you a link to a family we found on-line who has made some films of their own. My brothers and I especially liked the one about "Socialization" (towards the bottom of the page), although the one about the "Sleepless Night" was pretty funny too.
Well, I hope you're staying dry and healthy.
May you sense God's blessings today,
Cora~
Oops, after all that talk about the family films, I don't think I left the link! Here it is: http://fairchildfamilyfilms.blogspot.com
Enjoy!
CBB
Post a Comment