We left early Sunday morning for Duluth, MN to celebrate mom and dad's 23rd wedding anniversary, and dad's birthday (don't tell anybody, but he turned the big 5-0). We went to the Edgewater Resort and Waterpark, where we spent two nights. We got a very good deal (which is why we chose that place) on a two-room, lake-side family suite.
Over the three days we were there, we had a lot of fun swimming at the waterpark, playing mini golf, walking along the lake, going out to eat, opening presents (well, I guess dad was the only one who did that, but we had fun watching him!), and watching the Packer/Viking football game (of course, since they were playing in MN the Packs had to let the Vikes win). :-)
Dad bought mom a beautiful rose . . .
. . . and she gave him a picture frame of our family.
Here's one of me mini-golfing - Amy, I'm glad you weren't there . . . I know I'd never make it as a golfer! :-)
Ethan - with Lake Superior and a huge ship in the background
Lydia and I swimming together
Daniel coming down the water slide - those were so much fun!
Dad making a basket in the pool
Looking back on our trip, I think I learned a good lesson. Doing things like playing at a waterpark, eating special treats, playing a couple games at the arcade, or watching some interesting shows on TV are fun - for a little while. I can't imagine what it's like for those people who do those things ALL the time! While I had a great trip and it was neat to do those things that we don't do very often, I was thankful to be back home - to eat my cottage cheese and pears, to have a TV that only gets 2 channels (that we hardly ever watch anyway)and to get back to normal life. :-) It would be so unfufilling if all I ever did was eat junk food and watch TV. I always feel good after I've gotten something done around the house, worked on a project, or been stimulated in my Christian walk. True, lasting, peace and joy comes from the Lord, and from doing what he's created us to do. That doesn't mean you can't ever have fun, just don't let it control your life.
Here's a few more pictures to end the post . . .
Dad, opening gifts on his birthday (Oct. 5th). The leather gloves are from Daniel.
Does anybody know what kind of tree/bush this is? I thought it was SO beautiful!
Watching a ship go out
And last, but not least . . . my favorite picture!!
Happy anniversary, mom and dad!!
Happy 50th birthday, dad!! (You don't look a day over 30, by the way)
3 comments:
Yeah, yeah, quite trying to make yourself feel better about the whole Packer thing; ya'll just didn't come ready to play--and don't tell me it was on purpose! But I'm glad you had a good time; I LOVE the last picture of your parents--awesome!
Wheat pictures. Thanks for sharing them with us! Happy Anniversary to your folks and happy birthday to your dad. Your family is blessed! Mrs. P~
If that is the Packs idea of "letting" the Vikes win, I'm sure Aaron Rogers would like them to come up with a new stategy. Eight sacks.....OW!!
Post a Comment