Monday, October 12, 2009

Snow, New CD, and Caleb's Foot

I thought I should give an update on a few things that have been happening here lately . . .

First of all - and I know those of you in TX or other Southern states will have a hard time believing this - we had our first snowfall of the year the other day, and it feels like we went from summer to winter with only two weeks of fall. In fact, most of the leaves on the trees are still green! Hopefully it won't snow too heavily until it's actually winter!!

Secondly, we just received the new Triple L CD in the mail on Friday, and we have not stopped listening since (okay, I guess we have taken some time to eat and sleep)!! :-) And if we weren't listening to the CD, we were singing - uh, well, trying to anyway - their songs!! :-) I highly recommend it to any of you who love bluegrass music (and if you don't, you will when you hear them). It's an all gospel album, and the vocals and instruments are excellent!! I hope to put a promo video I made of them on my blog sometime in the future. You can visit their website at www.triplelband.com.


The other thing I wanted to update you on was Caleb's foot. He has to have another surgery because his tendon broke again, and his bone didn't heal properly. So . . . mom and dad are probably going to take him to Minneapolis, where there's a foot and ankle specialist. Thankfully our insurance will cover everything. Please continue to pray for Caleb - that he will have patience (it's hard for him not to be able to do everything he wants to!), that the surgery will go well, and that his foot would COMPLETELY heal so there won't be any permanent damage. I will update more after his surgery - we're hoping to get him in in October or November.

Oh, and one more thing. Just recently dad sold our four wheelers and bought this (below) to attach a plow onto for the winter. It's great fun to ride on! :-)

2 comments:

Cora Beth said...

We're praying for Caleb once again... Poor fellow!

That Ranger (or whatever you call it) looks like fun! The lady who I rented some pasture from last year owned one and we got to use it to check my cows... :)

Happy Winter~
Love in Christ,
Cora

The Pennington Point said...

Thanks for all of the updates. We are continuing to pray for Caleb's foot.

Snow?! You're right. Here in Texas we can't believe it! Mrs. P~