Alright, so here are some pictures from our time in Washington D.C.! I had never been to our nation's capitol before (and mom had when she was only 16) so we both had a wonderful time taking everything in. The weather was BEAUTIFUL - in the 40s most of the time.

Here we are riding the metro system - we boarded the wrong train the first time, but thanks to a kind stranger got put on the right path. Let's just say after that we learned the metro system very quickly! :-)
Here we are riding the metro system - we boarded the wrong train the first time, but thanks to a kind stranger got put on the right path. Let's just say after that we learned the metro system very quickly! :-)

Next we went to the National Museum of Natural History. Even thought we got to see many amazing creatures, we couldn't turn around without some evolutionary saying being there. It was pretty sad - it's so obvious that these wonderful and beautifully designed animals had to have a Designer!
Mount Vernon was next for us . . . . and both mom and I consider it one of our favorites! Seeing the exact place where such a godly hero as George Washington lived so many years ago was absolutely amazing.
"Martha Washington" asked where we lived, and when we said Minnesota she said she didn't know where that was (we are such early pioneers it hasn't been made a state yet, I guess). ;-)
But the MOST AMAZING FACT that I learned on THIS ENTIRE TRIP was . . . was . . . *takes a deep breath to collect thoughts* . . . . was . . .
. . . well, you'll have to find out next time, but I will give one clue. In the picture of a young George Washington above, if you look closely, you may see that I have something very special in common with him.
Until next time!
Until next time!
4 comments:
??? Always carried a Bible?
Good guess, but . . . that's not it. :-)
We assume it is the hair color. Most people only think of George Washington with gray hair.
Good guess, but . . . you'll have to find out for sure when I do my next post! ;-)
Post a Comment