Sunday, November 7, 2010

Part 2 - Sunday and Monday

On Sunday after leaving the H. family's place, we headed out to another friend's house. My friend Grace P. and I had been pen-paling and talking on the phone for over two years, and we finally met on October 24th! We were going to meet on the 25th, but it worked out for us to come early so I didn't tell her but decided to surprise her! :-) That was FUN!
Her sister made this adorable, creative sign to welcome our family to the guest house!
On Monday morning Grace, her brother Jacob, Caleb and I all got up very early to get ready for our first day at the Christian Filmmaker's Academy. The most exciting thing of the first day was seeing Christian actor Kirk Cameron (who played the lead role in FIREPROOF). He taught a couple sessions on good acting (which is sure needed in the independent Christian filmmaking world!) and I really enjoyed his sincere, strong faith, and his desire to do only what God wants him to do. He said the most important thing you can have as a filmmaker is the fear of God. Check out this Vision Forum video from the academy.
Mr. Cameron coached some young people who did an "audition" for him. After he gave some tips, Mr. Doug Phillips (president of Vision Forum and founder of the SAICFF) asked him to do an impersonation of Jimmy Stewart and he did a great job! :-) It's so awesome that such a strong actor is so godly and has such a desire to glorify God with his life. Besides acting he also has a ministry to disabled children called Camp Firefly and he also joins in doing evangalization with Ray Comfort for the ministry Living Waters. 
And of course we also got to hear Stephen Kendrick that evening, as some of you have already guessed! Wow. He is one of the godliest men I have ever seen or heard. His passion and his desire to solely glorify God is just amazing! I was inspired, convicted and encouraged by Mr. Kendrick. For those of you who don't know, he and his brother, Alex (along with their church) made the three movies Flywheel (a $20,000 production), Facing the Giants (a $100,000 production) and more recently FIREPROOF (a $500,000 production, which made $33 million in theatres alone). God's hand has clearly been on the Sherwood Films and now they are editing their latest movie - Couragous. If you've seen FIREPROOF, just imagaine that times ten! Courageous isn't coming out until next September but I think it's going to be one of the greatest Christian films ever made. God is blessing them because they have been so incredibly faithful!
 
Posted by Picasa

More coming soon! And be sure to check out my GIVEAWAY!

3 comments:

ajfcello said...

wow! That is so cool! Did you actually get to meet Kirk Cameron? I really wanted to go to the Film Festival, but I couldn't. :-( Maybe some other time!! :-)

Lulu said...

I love all the photos, Hannah!

Also, I tagged you a Fall tag at my blog. It's lots of fun, if you want to do it.

Blessings,
Lulu

Hannah said...

Sorry I didn't respond to your question sooner, ajfcello! No, I didn't get to meet Kirk Cameron. :( I was disappointed, but he had to leave right after his session. But it sure was neat being able to see him! :-)