Thursday, November 11, 2010

Part 3 - Tuesday and Wednesday

While Caleb and I were at the academy each day, mom and dad took Daniel, Lydia and Ethan sightseeing.
We were able to go on the riverboat ride with them during a lunch break - that was fun!
 

San Antonio is a beautiful city!

We learned a lot more at the academy from people like Collin Gunn (producer of Indoctrination)
and David Cook, who wrote the story for Seven Days in Utopia.

There were also other great speakers, including Isaac Botkin (who wrote the book Outside Hollywood), Doug Phillips (President of Vision Forum Ministries) and Geoff Botkin (Western Conservatory). Besides the speakers, there was also a panel of men who were asked questions about films they had made or worked on. There were SO many good things to learn from everybody!

I was very happy to be able to meet Anna Sophia and Elizabeth Botkin, who wrote the book So Much More (highly recommended) and helped make the documentary The Return of the Daughters (also HIGHLY recommended)!!! They are both very godly, encouraging young ladies and I was honored to have a chance to talk with them!
 
Posted by Picasa

Check back early next week for pictures from the Film Festival!!

1 comment:

ajfcello said...

That is SO neat that you got to meet Anna and Elizabeth!! I've seen The Return of the Daughters and it's very good.