One other fun thing that happened on Thursday was our aunt and uncle from NC surprising us!!! They had flown to San Antonio a few days before, and spent some time sight-seeing, then on Thursday at the festival they walked up to us and we were SO SURPRISED!!!!!! We were glad that they were able to enjoy the many movies there! Thanks Uncle Tim and Aunt Lauri for the fun surprise!! :-)
Here are some pictures from those two days . . .
On Thursday before the festival started, we visited the Alamo. It was AMAZING to see such a historical place, and we learned that one of the young men who died at the Alamo was named James Kenney!! I did just a little research and I don't think he was married, so he probably isn't a direct relative of us, but maybe we are distantly related somehow! :-)
We are completely not used to big cities, so we found many interesting things! Some things we didn't like - such as driving back to the hotel in the dark the night before Halloween (yuck!) - and some we liked - such as these beautiful carriages!
There were many wonderful, godly, speakers at the festival, including R.C. Sproul Jr.,
Geoffrey Botkin,
Doug Phillips, and more!There were also some very good performers there - Becky Morecraft (a singer) . . .
George Escobar (of Advent Film Group) was also there, and he showed some exclusive clips from his new movie, Alone, Yet Not Alone. It looks very good!
We watched many movies over the course of the three days, but here's a little bit about one of our favorites (I'll write more on the other films later).
#1 - The Runner From Ravenshead
It was made by this family picture below, and the five children were the ONLY ACTORS in the film!! I think they were all under the age of 9 or 10 when they were filming. It was SO well done, and had a GREAT storyline, and the kids were AMAZING! I can't recommend this film high enough! It is perfect for the entire family - little kids will be enthralled, and older ones won't be bored, that's for sure! It won the Audience Choice Award by 400%, and it was also runner-up for the $101,000 Grand Prize. At both showings it received at least one standing ovation, and everybody loved it!
On Friday night there was a premiere showing of the movie Ace Wonder (by Huemoore Productions who also made The Widow's Might), but this post is getting long so I'll write about that next time!
4 comments:
Hello Hannah!
Thank you so much for showing us your pictures and telling about your time at the SACFF! My sisters and I really enjoyed it!
Blessings~
Ana
Hello, Hannah! It's so neat that your family attended the SAICFF! I enjoyed your pictures. I'm glad you got to meet Mr. Escobar and Anna. (There were about 10 of us from the crew of "Alone Yet Not Alone" who were actually all staying at Anna's house that week!) I hope the Lord works it out for both of us to attend in g 2012, and we'll definitely have to meet each other then! :-)
Oh, and I don't know if you live anywhere near Wheaton, MN, but my roommate from the film crew lives there. She's 19 and she's very sweet. I think you two would get along wonderfully (and I know she's a little discouraged by the lack of friends in her area who have the same conservative values, and nobody else up there is interested in filmmaking). I know MN is a pretty big state, but I thought it would be worth a shot to throw that out there and see if you happened to live anywhere nearby. :-)
Thank you for commenting, Ana and Stacey!
Stacey, I looked it up on a map, and your friend lives less than two hours south of us! It would be SO much fun to meet her! I know hardly any Christians in MN that are interested in filmmaking (and I don't think any girls). Could you leave a comment with your friend's contact information (and I won't publish it)? Or, if you'd rather, you can give her mine (just visit www.gloryandgrace.com to get my e-mail and address).
I hope we meet in 2012! God bless!
Hannah, I sent your info to my friend! I'm sure she'll be in touch. :-) Her name is Angela, by the way.
Blessings to you!
Post a Comment